Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Morning





January Morning

Cold January morning.
Wrap my hands around
warmth of hot coffee,
wrap my mind around Monday.
There is poetry here-
I know this.
It is garbled,
coded,
mixed with
the daily detritus.
Seek words,
unique thoughts,
write them down.
Easy recipe to follow,
tricky to master.
Cold January morning
doing my word sit ups,
stretches,
keep moving
pen to paper.
I still have something to say.
Trees spread long shadows
across the landscape.
Frost decorates windshields.
Wrap my hands around
warmth of blessed coffee,
wrap my mind around Monday,
continue to crack the code,
master the recipe,
find my poetic voice.



5 comments:

  1. Like this one...the image of wrapping your head round Monday:) very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is poetry here...you just got to find it...smiles....and coffee def always helps me...just saying...smiles...nice on the repetition in this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really one for Mondays, but if I could spend them trying to crack the code maybe they'd be a bit more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.... I can feel the warmth of the cup in my hands, too. A lovely write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your final line. It has punch in it. :)

    ReplyDelete